The Ancestor

Trussoni, D. (2020). The ancestor. New York: William Morrow.

Inheriting a noble title, money and a castle in Italy, sounds like a dream come true, doesn’t it? Well for Alberta “Bert” Monte, it’s just become a reality. With the chance to escape her stressful New York life she takes the plunge. However, Bert soon discovers that her family has a dark and complicated past. As she begins to unravel the secrets of her ancestors, she soon realizes that her true inheritance doesn’t lay in simple treasures, but in her very genes.

While the story does begin with a little exposition, the author hasn’t hunkered down the story with too many details to be considered boring, and they even manage to make a few pieces of paper seem fascinating. Sadly, there is no horror present in the small sample I did read, but I still came away with a sense of suspense and mystery, already beginning to feel somewhat attached to the main character – Bert. Though the pacing could have been a little quicker, anymore of the slow drag and I would’ve become bored.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dark Solstice

Ghost in the Headlights

Hardboiled Horror